Thursday, February 22, 2007

Brothers and Sisters 1.15: Love is Difficult

"Well, he said that I wasn't as smart as Hillary Clinton, but I was prettier."

Silly, silly Sarah. You stupid bitch. Honestly, Sarah, you think that just because your husband is talking to another woman doesn't mean he's cheating on you. Plus, didn't your ass almost have an affair with Noah in the pilot? Well, luckily for me, the continuity fairies also seem to remember this, as Sarah tearfully confesses during an extremely awkward couples-therapy session with The Sloane Clone (aka Joel Grey) as their therapist that she was planning on having an affair with Noah long ago, and felt that Dad's infidelity with Holly very well might have been passed down to her. Way to blame everything on your dead father, Sarah.

Speaking of: the writers present the Sarah/Tommy rivalry in a new light - I totally now see that Sarah and Tommy are supposed to be Cain and Abel, which I guess makes Tom Skerritt God. An interesting image, I guess. But honestly, the Cain/Abel slant on the story made things a whole lot more interesting and heartfelt, as I totally jumped on the Tommy bandwagon here. Sarah is a complete control freak, and for the first time, I have absolutely no sympathy for her. And now with Tommy leaving Ojai to go start the winery with Holly, Cain has symbolically killed Abel. But, the question remains, would I want to drink wine bottled by Grace and Dr. Barnett? (For those not in the know, Balthazar Getty and Patricia Wettig were both on Alias, playing Thomas Grace and Dr. Judy Barnett, respectively).

Speaking of Holly (who I guess would be Satan in the whole Bible analogy), I noticed a new cast member in the opening credits, which totally intrigued me - someone named Emily VanCamp, and I was like, "Who the fuck is that?" So, of course, I had to go to IMDB to check her out (in both senses of the word), and while her headshot and resume were there, there was no mention of her being a regular on Brothers and Sisters. I mentioned this to my parents, and my mom was instantly like, "She's their missing sister." Ahhh! Bingo! Holly's daughter Rebecca. Well, I guess this means that she'll be around for a while, and boy does she look like Sarah! Good casting, Casting Gods.

In other story land, Kevin breaks up with Chad because he refuses to come out of the closet (plus, the fact that Michelle's called him, telling him that Chad has left girls to be with guys, then goes back to girls again), which is totally fine with me. I'm all for Kevin finding a neurotic straight-gay like him, but all he finds are either sensitive femmes like Scotty (who I guess was kinda cute with him), or closet-case assholes like Chad. But I suppose the show is all about showing the wide range of current-day homosexuality. Coolbeans, I guess. But Kevin, meanwhile, is a single asshole, as opposed to being a taken asshole. Kitty discovers that the Senator's staff has done a poll on her, since they all know she's fucking him. She gets offended, but the Senator calms her nerves and makes it all funny and shit, which he does a lot.

I wonder if Republicans can be that funny. JUST KIDDING, REPUBLICAN(S)! It's just a joke, and this is just a stupid blog.

Since we're on the subject of the Senator, since he's running for President, wouldn't it be great if Brothers and Sisters did a crossover with 24, and have an assassination attempt on the Senator, all spearheaded by Reed? That would mean Chad Lowe is trying to kill Rob Lowe. That would make for interesting TV.

All in all: B+

Until next time. Same bat time, same bat channel.

- Cesar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great comment!
I used to love Alias, is good have some of the actors on B & S.

Good Blog, I'll be here more often!
;D